Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Joel Whitburn / Record Research / Forgotten Hits Oldies Quiz

I know Joel Whitburn is a busy man, but what are the chances he'll do another quiz for us trivia nuts, in conjunction with the release of his latest book.
Mike Ogilvie
Mississauga ON 
 

LOL ... clearly the fans expect great things whenever Joel Whitburn and I team up ... so I am happy to report that once again, Joel has put together a very interesting quiz EXCLUSIVELY for our Forgotten Hits Readers, thereby creating a chance for you to win a copy of his brand new book "Top Pop Playlist, 1955 - 1969".  

Email your answers (song titles only ... we don't need the artists) to forgottenhits@aol.com ... and we'll tabulate all of the correct ballots on April 10th and pick a winner from all of the complete, correct entries.
So good luck!!!
 
Hi Kent,  
Attached is a 15 question quiz where you only have to guess the song titles.  
Each lyric is taken from a song in my new "Top Pop Playlist" book - 1955 - 1969!  
The winner gets a free copy of my "Playlist" book.  
Joel


FORGOTTEN HITS LYRICS QUIZ 
by Joel Whitburn

What are the titles of the hit songs that contain the lyrics shown below – we only need the song title, not the artist.


1.    Ours is not an easy age, we’re like tigers in a cage

2.    Bright stars and guitars and drive-ins on Friday night

3.    Maybe it’s the clothes she wears, or the way she combs her hair.
            
4.    I know I need a small vacation but it don’t look like rain.

5.    Gonna climb the stairs, gonna ring that bell before I lose my nerve.

6.    But if I ask you for a date, will you tell me that I’m not too late.

7.    We lost old Marty Robbins down in old El Paso a little while back.

8.    Oh darlin’ where have you been? I’ve been longin’ for you all my life.

9.    Yeah, I know it’s so hard to resist the temptation of her tender red lips.

10.  One day he left his valley pad, I mean to say this cat was mad.

11. I fell for you and I knew the vision of your love’s loveliness.

12.   She’s found a new love, buddy, he’s a lucky guy.

13.  Then I awake and look around me at four gray walls that surround me.

14.  Ramblin’ around this dirty old town, singin’ for nickels and dimes.

15.  Now you got me started, don’t you leave me broken hearted.

Send your entries in quick!

Meanwhile, Forgotten Hits Subscribers were treated to a "Double Whammy" Sunday this morning!  They received the unpublished edition of this week's Sunday Comments Page!!!  

Not a subscriber?  Wanna get on the list?  

Then just send me an email (forgottenhits@aol.com) and write "Subscribe" in the Subject Line ... and we'll add you to the list of folks who get regular updates regarding new postings and special events.  (Yes, it really is THAT easy!!!)