Sunday, May 29, 2016

SWEET 16 - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

We ain't kidding around with today's list ... 

16 Classic Tracks using language you just AIN'T supposed to use!!!

According to the dictionary ...

ain't:

1. Nonstandard except in some dialects. am not; are not; is not. 
2. Nonstandard. have not; has not; do not; does not; did not.  
Are not ... is not ... am not  
Though disapproved by many and more common in less educated speech; used orally in most parts of the U.S. by many educated speakers, especially in the phrase "ain't I" 
Seriously??? Would these songs REALLY have worked any other way???

"I Am Not Going To Eat Out My Heart Anymore" by The Young Rascals

"You Have Not Seen Anything Yet" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive (guess we'd have to give up the stutter, too, right???)

"Isn't That A Shame" by Fats Domino

"I Am Not Too Proud To Beg" by The Temptations

"We Haven't Got Anything Yet" by The Blues Magoos

"I Am Not Misbehaving"? "There Isn't Any Mountain High Enough"? "Isn't That A Kick In The Head?" "There Isn't Any Sunshine"? "There Isn't Any Woman Like The One I've Got" ... and what the heck do you do with "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby"?!?!?
Today Forgotten Hits presents a SWEET 16 you AIN'T gonna wanna miss!!!